Are you about to jump on the mobile application development bandwagon? If so, then you have three choices, namely- native, hybrid and web app to shape your mobile app idea into a reality. Each of them has their own advantages and downsides and quantifying which the platform is chosen.
Although most of you heard of native and web app, but the hybrid app perhaps baffling you. Is it correct? Let’s clear up the air:
Well, the hybrid apps are preferred over native app due to a few more reasons. Take a quick glance at them:
- They are not platform specific. With a single code base, the apps can be crafted for the myriad of the platforms such as iOS, Android, and Windows. It also minimizes the development time and efforts.
- Using the frameworks, the hybrid apps can have the native app-like features.
- The hybrid apps support SQLite database and render offline capabilities which enable the local data storage.
- The less time-to-market and cost-effectiveness are add-ons for hybrid development.
- Easy to scale. The apps can be easily made to work on more platforms and operating systems in a couple of minutes as just code utilization is needed, not the rebuilding of the app from the scratch.
Along with the plethora of benefits the hybrid app offers, there exists some challenges. Yes, it is the reality. As the hybrid apps work on different devices and platforms, so it’s trickier to test the app on all them. Also, debugging the hybrid apps is like a nightmare because the developers are unaware of the targeted platform and unable to locate the error that makes the finding and rectifying the bug complex. The visual and interactive components in game apps perform better on native apps as opposed to hybrid apps. Additionally, the performance issue too exist as hybrid apps are slower to load.
Well, overcoming the challenges is not extremely taxing. See how following a few tips, the challenges can be resolved:
- The hybrid apps run by using web view are like a single page application where more focus must be given on the simple workflow, which helps in enhancing user experience.
- There are many hybrid frameworks that support many gestures, which ends up the mobile app developers’ problem to programmatically handle the new gestures as they can use the default gestures.
- The hybrid frameworks aids in eliminating the scrolling issues because the frameworks itself provide their own scrolling, so there will be no manual scrolling.
The reign of hybrid apps is leading the market with increasing share of hybrid app development. Not just the benefits, but the trends are making the hybrid approach the best for the mobile app development.
After witnessing the hybrid apps’ popularity, do you also wanted to make a shift with hybrid app development? If so, Potenza Global Solutions, a leading mobile app development company would be the right fit for you. The company using the right mix of technology, tools, and resources builds the unmatched hybrid app that lets your business excel.